Dec. 04, 2020
Benzaldehyde, an organic compound formed when the hydrogen of benzene is replaced by an aldehyde group. Benzaldehyde is the simplest and the most commonly used aromatic aldehyde in the industry. At room temperature, it is a colorless liquid with a characteristic almond smell.
Benzaldehyde is an important raw material for medicine, dye, perfume, and resin industry, which is mainly used for making lauraldehyde, lauric acid, green, etc., and can also be used as a solvent, plasticizer, and low-temperature lubricant, etc. In the flavor industry, it is mainly used for the deployment of edible flavor, a small amount for daily chemical flavor, and tobacco flavor.
1. An important chemical raw material for the production of lauraldehyde, lauric acid, phenylacetaldehyde, and benzyl benzoate, etc., also used as a fragrance.
2. Used to determine the ozone, phenol, alkaloid, and methylene reagent located near the carboxyl group.
3. Can be used as a special top essence and can be used in trace amounts in flower formulations such as cloves, white orchids, jasmine, violets, acacia, sunflower, sweet bean, plum, orange flower, etc. It can also be used in soap. It can also be used as a flavoring for almonds, berries, cream, cherries, coconut, apricots, peaches, large walnuts, giant plums, vanilla beans, spices, etc. I used to taste rum and brandy.
4. Benzaldehyde is an intermediate of herbicide wild swallowtail and plant growth regulator.
5. GB 2760-1996 provides that it is a food spice that is provisionally permitted. It is used to prepare fragrances such as almonds, cherries, peaches, and nuts. The dosage can reach 40%. Add 3ml/kg of syrup as a seasoning for canned cherries.
6. Intermediates for pharmaceuticals, dyes, and fragrances. Used in the production of m-oxybenzaldehyde, lauric acid, lauraldehyde, magenta, benzyl benzoate, benzyl aniline, benzyl acetone, etc. Used for mixing soap essence, food essence, and so on.
7. Organic synthesis, solvent, determination of ozone, and methylene next to a carbonyl, detection of phenol and alkaloid, preparation of fragrance.
Skin contact: Remove contaminated clothing and rinse with running water.
Eye contact: lift eyelids, rinse with running water or normal saline. Go to a doctor.
Inhalation: Leave the scene to fresh air. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Go to a doctor.
Ingestion: Drink enough warm water to induce vomiting. Go to a doctor.
Closed operation, full exhaust air. Operators must be specially trained and strictly abide by the operating rules. It is recommended that operators wear self-priming filter gas mask (half-mask), chemical safety protective glasses, gas permeable work clothes, and rubber oil-resistant gloves. Keep away from fires and heat sources. Smoking is strictly prohibited in the workplace. Use explosion-proof ventilation systems and equipment. Prevent vapor from leaking into workplace air. Avoid contact with oxidants and acids. Operate the disposal in nitrogen. Handle with care to prevent damage to packing and container. Equipped with the appropriate variety and quantity of fire fighting equipment and leakage emergency treatment equipment. Empty containers may retain harmful substances.
Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat. Packing must be sealed and not in contact with air. Should be stored separately with oxidants, acids, food chemicals, do not mix storage. Explosion-proof lighting and ventilation facilities are adopted. The use of spark-prone mechanical equipment and tools is prohibited. The storage area shall be equipped with leakage emergency treatment equipment and appropriate containment materials.